Friday, July 26, 2013

#984 it's time to win the lottery

Last night MT and I sat out on our deck and fantasized about winning the lottery. He went in with five guys from his work to purchase a Powerball tickets. So far they have won about $12, but we are hoping that tomorrow will be the big night. The jackpot is up to some ridiculously huge amount, well over $100 million. Even divided by six guys, each guy would get a good chunk of money.

It's fun to dream about stuff like that, isn't it?

If the prize was big enough (and what is big enough? I'm not sure, but we're dreaming anyway) we'd both quit our jobs, help out our loved ones, travel, fix up our house, fix up our rentals, buy a little place on an island, travel, and putter around doing whatever we felt like doing. Did I mention we would travel? Europe, the South Pacific, Russia, China, Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand, the Caribbean, South America. T would be set up to go to college anywhere he would like. I'd buy a new car, brand new, never been driven. Wonder what that's like. I'd buy new furniture. I'd hire someone to make my yard pretty. Maybe I'd just move to a different house. T could have a new computer and we'd get the downstairs all fixed up for him. MT could have his big shed and fully convert the garage into a workshop. If we had a new house, I could have a garage and MT could have a workshop and a shed.

It would be strange not to work, but I think I could get used to it :)

I guess in the meantime I'll settle for not working for the next two days. And I'll keep my fingers crossed to win the big jackpot tomorrow night!

No comments: