Saturday, September 11, 2021

#2605 Saturday with Sandy

Today has been packed full of stuff. 

I started the day by walking the dogs at the park. MT stayed home this morning, so I took the girls out by myself. Usually it takes us about 28 minutes to walk a mile because there is lots of stopping for sniffing. Today we moved right along and we did a mile in 24 minutes. Harley only pulled hard for about the first seven minutes, then she settled into regular pulling. By the time we were near the car, she was pretty much walking right beside me. Mac pulls, too, but not as hard. What’s annoying about Mac is that she darts. What I mean by that is that she will see something and start toward it. I tell her no, and she walks with me for a step or two, then darts back to what she was looking at. The darting really messes with that left shoulder since I usually hold Mac’s leash in the left hand. She doesn’t dart all the time, like Harley pulls all the time, and that’s why I hold Mac on the left. 

Anyway…

MT and I went to pick T up this morning from residential treatment. The doggos were really excited to see T when we got home, and he was equally delighted to see them. T will spend tonight at home, and tomorrow he moves into the sober living place.  He is spending time with some friends this evening. I don’t really pray, but I am offering up all my thoughts that he is taking care of himself. I think he is. I hope he is.

This afternoon, MT and I went to a movie. MT wanted to see a documentary called The Alpinist.  Many scenes in this movie - like ALL the climbing scenes - sparked my anxiety. The anxiety took many forms today: throat-constricting, eye-watering, sweaty palms, breath-holding, covering the eyes, feeling the extreme need to stop watching and leave the room. Sometimes I just had to close my eyes and breathe through it. The subject of the film, Marc-Andre Leclerc, climbs giant mountain walls without a rope. Not only that, he typically climbs mixed surface faces, meaning the wall might be partially covered with ice and snow. My main question during the movie was “How does he get back down?” They don’t really address that issue very much, until the end of the movie. Overall, I didn’t really like the film, mostly because it made me so uncomfortable. The popcorn was excellent, though.

Right now I am watching the Utah - BYU football game. It’s crazy to know that this is the 101st time these two teams have played each other. It is a tremendous rivalry. It is half-time and BYU is up 16 - 7. Might be BYU’s year, but I hope not. Go Utes!




Enjoy the rest of the weekend!








No comments: