Wednesday, September 15, 2021

#2607 the best thing about today

 


There were a couple of good things about today, and they could both be traced back to one thing: that I was working from home!

This morning, my alarm went off at 5:15 and it was still dark as dark can be. I did not want to wake up. I was willing to wake up, and then I remembered that it was Wednesday and I was working from home, so I re-set the alarm and slept until 6:30. Glorious! Decadent! The sky had lightened by then and it felt a lot more civilized to wake up when the sky was not pitch black. I made it down the stairs in time to log in for work at 7:00 and all was well.

At lunch time, I zipped over to the grocery store to pick up a few items. I had enough time when I got home to take the doggos out for a noon stroll. They were happy. We walked around the neighborhood and talked to a couple of women that were out in their yards. It is still warm, but the very hot temperatures of the summer seem to be over. What a treat to take the dogs out for a quick walk in the early fall sunshine.

I get to work from home a couple of days a week, and I really appreciate it. The week seems to go by so quickly when it’s broken up like that. Work from home days are when I plan to do projects that need a little extra time and concentration. It’s worked out well for me. 

How is your week going? What was the best thing for you today? 


1 comment:

Kteach said...

We went to see the sunset, it was windy! and ate at El Rachito :) Best soup ever!