Monday, January 9, 2023

#2821 music Monday: Unholy

Today’s writing prompt was to write a haiku about my day.

I took time to make

Some art. Got creative! YAY!

Fell asleep on couch.

This one is also accurate:

Worked from home today

Played with the dogs; no walk - rain

Dentist appointment

I did take the dogs around the block this morning, but after work, it was raining and cold. I didn’t want to deal with getting wet and having wet dogs running around, so I sat on the floor with them for an hour and played. Stella loves to fetch, and steadily retrieved the toy I threw for her over and over again. The bad thing is that when she needs a drink of water, she will drop her toy in the other water dish - maybe she thinks the toy needs a drink too? - and then she’ll bring her dripping toy and her soggy whiskers over for more playtime. I have to trade out her toys so they can dry. Mac loves squeaky balls and wants to chase them, then wants me to chase her to get the ball back. I didn’t chase her, so she laid by me, squeaking the ball and play growling at me when I tried to take it away from her. Harley would occasionally rouse herself to play, but mostly she laid on me so I could pet her. She wanted all the scritches and rubs. 

For dinner, I made myself some chicken fettuccini alfredo using Rao’s alfredo sauce. It was highly recommended by my mom, and she wasn’t wrong. It was delicious! After a hearty serving, I was full and fell asleep on the couch with Mac and Harley. No room for Stella, who grumbled and slept on the loveseat. We are all very mellow tonight. 

MT was on Grand Turk island in Turks and Caicos today. He sent me a couple of photos and we texted for a few minutes. He said Grand Turk wasn’t very nice. The island had been hit hard by hurricanes a few years ago and hasn’t come back yet. He said if we ever went to T & C, we would go to Providenciales. It’s on my list of places to go!

Oh yeah, and I had a dentist appointment. Just a cleaning. Mattie, my hygienist, was very happy with the care I’m taking of my gums. She said she noticed they were much healthier. Flossing is the key, for real.

I filled up my first sketch book! It’s the one I took to Crete, and since I’ve been back, I’ve been doodling in it, and using it for a group I’m in that’s put together by Jill the Artist. I’ve been wanting to do something with the cover of the book to make it not look the same as other books I imagine will come, so I used some Christmas cards that I liked but were more prototypes than finished products, I guess. I trimmed them and glued them to the cover. 

I also did a little something with colors and lines, which I then cut up to fill in the blank spaces. Here it is before I cut it up:


Here’s the finished cover, all zapped up. I rather like how it turned out, and it was lots of fun for me. 


Maybe it looks like a hot mess, but it’s my hot mess, and I dig it! I’m constantly surprised about how much pleasure I get out of arting. 

Enough about my simple life. Lately I have been kind of obsessed with the song Unholy by Sam Smith and Kim Petras. I like the sound of it, sexy and naughty. I’ve liked it for awhile, but it’s really in my ear this week. The video is just as weird and wonderful as I thought it would be. Check it out!

No comments: