Wednesday, January 11, 2023

#2822 Wednesday vibe: horror movies

This week on the Vibe Check podcast, one of the things the guys talked about was the new movie M3GAN. You have probably seen the commercials. A creepy-ass AI doll is created for a little girl, then the creepy-ass AI doll starts to do scary, murderous stuff to protect the girl. The film is doing huge box office, and the Vibe Check point of the story was that horror movies are universal. Comedy might not play the same in another country as it does in the U.S., but scary is scary no matter where you are. The fellas also say that the best, and maybe the only place, to watch a horror movie is in a movie theater where you can share your fear with other movie goers and laugh about the jump scares with the crowd. 

I have never been a big fan of horror movies, or at least the slasher flicks. I don’t know that I’ll trot over to the theater to see M3GAN, even though Sam and Zach totally recommended it. Maybe if I was with Lizzie and she really wanted to go see it, I would go with her. I don’t think MT would be into it. He doesn’t like scary movies, either. 

What’s been keeping my vibe right this week is Emily in Paris, season three. I watched all ten episodes over the course of a couple of days. Let’s be honest - there is nothing intellectual or highbrow about this show. It’s total mind and eye candy. Paris looks incredible in every shot. The people are all beautiful. They wear interesting, over-the-top clothes and do interesting, over-the-top things. It’s total escapism, and I am here for it. I have loved every season. 

With MT being away from home, and T working in the evenings, I have been hanging out with the dogs and taking it easy. Tonight I wasn’t hungry, so I didn’t even fix anything to eat. I’ve been taking the time to lay on the couch and read a book. Sometimes I have a YouTube background on, but like right now, it’s just quiet. Even the doggos are chillin’. Maybe I’ll go to bed early, or maybe I’ll watch a show on Netflix called From Scratch.  The thing about that show is that I read the book and I know it’s a tear-jerker. It’s a limited edition series, and I watched the first episode. Yes, I cried. That’s why I’m not sure if I want to get involved with it. I don’t know if I’m in the mood for crying. I actually feel pretty good and maybe want to keep it that way for awhile. 

The journal prompt today is: If you could live inside any movie, what would it be? For me, the first movie that popped into my head was Something’s Gotta Give. Erica’s beach house is so dreamy, and she’s a playwright, and she goes to Paris. Really, just about any Nancy Meyers movie would be great to live inside, right?

Okay, I’m done here. I’m going to draw something, then I think I’ll go back to the couch and read a little more before I go on to bed. 

Listen to Vibe Check! It’s fantastic!

No comments: