Sunday, September 17, 2023

#2859 mid-month wrap-up

Writing here is always on my mind, but sometimes sitting down to actually write is more than I can take on, I guess. Let's see if I can recap the first half of the month. By the way...can you believe that September is already half over? 

I finished up my concert volunteer season with back-to-back shows by Fitz and the Tantrums on Sunday the 10th, and Buddy Guy on Monday the 11th. I am glad to be done with concerts. I am happy them when they start, and I am happy when they are over. I have one week left of my docent responsibilities. Bloom recording will likely be complete by mid-October. There are still some plants blooming, but the flowers are definitely tapering off. I still love to go up there at this time of year. The light is so mellow, and the temperatures have been mild. It's warm, but not too hot, and it cools down so nicely after sunset. I love fall here. Here are some photos:

Leopard Lily

Asters

Joe Pye Weed in front of the water pavilion

Obedient plant


This tree tells me fall is on the way

The big thing for my personal health was that I had a spot of skin cancer on my chest. I had a biopsy, at it was revealed to be a basal cell carcinoma. The darn thing had burrowed in and spread out a bit, so I had it excised out on Friday. I've got about a three inch slice in my chest, closed up by 10 or 11 stitches. The doctor is pretty sure he got all of it, though, so that's good. The stitches will come out on the 27th. The site has been pretty sore this weekend. There's some bruising, too, so it's been tender. In the next few months, I will go back to the dermatologist for a full body examination. I'm pretty sure there are more skin cancer spots. That one on my chest has been around for a long time. I'm glad to be done with it, even though I'll have a nifty scar to remember it by. (I'm not going to share the photos.)

Work is still busy, but feels like it is easing up just a little. I have a sweet home office set-up that make my work-from-home days extra groovy. 


T and his girlfriend celebrated one year together yesterday!

MT is painting the kitchen cabinets. We've talked about painting them white for years, and he decided to go for it over the past couple of weekends. He's doing a great job, and even though only the primer layer is on, it already looks so different and so much brighter! I think he's going to re-do the countertops and the backsplash eventually, too. He's pretty handy to have around. I'll take a photo when it's all done. 

There has been other stuff going on, too, of course, but I'm not really ready to talk about that yet. 

I've been doing a little bit of art. It's been on the back-burner, along with writing. I miss doing both. Take a look:

a wee sketch of birds on a fence

Abstract of storm clouds over the sea and a beach plus rain (the purple part)

The prompt was pink, parachute, potted plant. I continued the alliteration.

That's all I've got for tonight! Take care of yourselves. Wear sunscreen and a hat.


xoxo






1 comment:

Kteach said...

Beautiful pictures, and drawings, love the pink parachute one.