Sunday, March 10, 2024

#2886 about the dermatologist, the Oscars, and tax prep

On Friday afternoon, I had an appointment with my dermatologist. It's been six months since I had that basal cell cut out of my chest, so he wanted to have a follow up appointment to make sure it was healing well, and to look at any other things I was concerned about.

The chest scar is kinda gnarly. It is in an awkward spot, and it's pretty fleshy there, so the stitches were a little uneven. Griffin the Dermatologist recommended that I get some scar gel to use on it. I bought Scar Away silicone scar gel at Target, and I will use it faithfully in hopes of lessening the scar. 

While I was there, I had him look at my hands. There are some spots there, particularly one spot on my right pointer finger, that didn't seem right. He agreed that the spots I pointed out were not right; he called them pre-cancerous cells. Using liquid nitrogen, he "burned" the spots. The burning was unpleasant but brief. The worst thing about it is the blisters. I have five blisters on my left hand, including an ugly-looking blood blister, and three blisters on my right had, including that particular spot on my pointer finger. It is on the front side of the finger, and it seems to always brush up against things. On Friday night, I covered most of the blisters with band-aids because they were so tender. Even brushing up against the sheets was uncomfortable. They are okay now, although ugly. 

Griffin said my arms, face, and scalp looked good, and a little mole-like thing I have on my chest is just a new freckle and it's fine too. As a pale redhead, I am relieved. I do have another follow up with Griffin in six months, so I hope everything goes okay with that, then I can just have yearly exams with him. 

Today MT and I spent time preparing for our tax appointment on the 22nd. Since we'll be in Dixon next weekend, we wanted to get most of the information gathered this weekend. I have a an appointment with our CPA tomorrow for my aunt and uncle's taxes. I have gathered up everything I have received  for them. I have their IDs, and all the Trust documents, so we'll see what happens. 

What else? It is Oscar night. I used to make sure I watched every movie nominated for Best Picture. It was a lot easier when there were just five nominees. This year there are ten nominees, and I have seen one of them: Barbie. I've never even heard of most of the nominated films. I suppose I'm just interested in other stuff nowadays. I do like to go to the movie theater, if there is something I really want to see. I saw Barbie in the theater. Mostly I like to have popcorn there. It's so expensive to go to the movies anymore, and most movies come to streaming platforms pretty quickly. I think there are a few of the Best Picture nominees currently available to stream, but I wasn't interested enough to  watch them. Oh well. It's weird to say that I might not even watch the Oscars broadcast.

Next week, the eleventh week of the year, I am looking forward to getting the taxes for the estate done, getting a new windshield, book club discussion, and, of course, going to Dixon again. I am looking forward to being in Dixon because I will get to see both Lizzie and Mama! I am hopeful that we will have a good turnout for the estate sale. I'd much rather sell stuff than donate it or throw it away. 

It's feeling like spring here in SLC this weekend. The temperature right now is around 60 degrees F, but the breeze is cool. I have a couple of windows open to let in the fresh air and release some of the winter staleness. It has been a mild winter, and although spring is just a few days away, I'm pretty sure we will get at least one more snow. It seems there is always an early spring snow right around Easter. It feels nice to know that the season is changing. The maple trees in my back yard already have little leaf buds popping out. I can see the green coming on the globe willow trees around the neighborhood. I want to get up to Red Butte Garden to walk around, but haven't done it yet this year, which is unusual. I normally get up there once a month, even in winter. Well, the month isn't over, so I still have a chance in March. 

I don't have any new art to share, so instead, here is a pic of MT that I took today. He found my sparkly devil headband and wore it around. He'd probably be mortified that I posted this pic, but it's just us, so why not? It's pretty cute:


Have a great week!

No comments: