Sunday, May 26, 2024

#2900 slow down


 

I saw this sweet graphic on Facebook yesterday morning, and I decided to adopt the saying as my mantra this long Memorial Day weekend. My work days will be full from now until October when I go on vacation, and my volunteer calendar has plenty of days marked on it as well. I purposely made few plans for this weekend so I wouldn't feel bad if things didn't get done. 

We had an early-out day at work on Friday. I left around 3:00 probably, and headed up to the Garden to record blooms. The sky was gray and ominous, and it was a bit windy, but it was nice to be outside. Friday was MT's birthday, so we dropped T off at work and went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. MT wanted a steak, and that is the place he chose. We got there around 8pm, and waited for 30 minutes or so for a table. The place was packed, and it took awhile to get our food. MT ordered a medium rare rib-eye which came disguised as a rare T-bone. I couldn't even look at his plate. It did not look good to me. I had the country fried steak, and it was fine. There's a reason we only go to Texas Roadhouse every few years or so. The rolls are very good, and the rest is meh.

Yesterday I didn't do much at all. I slept in until 9:30. Showered, had coffee, read. Puttered around with my planner and my journal. Drew some little doodles to entertain myself. MT and I went to bougie Harmons to get salad from the salad bar. We joked about our $80 salads because of course we left the store with more than salad, even though we said we were ONLY going to get salad. After lunch, I had a two hour nap, then stayed in bed to pet the dogs. MT and T went to see the movie Furiosa, and I binged Bridgerton, Season 3, part 1 (episodes 1 - 4.) That was fun!

Today I did my regularly scheduled docent shift at Red Butte, then I met MT for lunch at Hog Wallow Pub. It was a nice day, so we sat on the patio to enjoy a burger and a beer. Then I came home and took a two hour nap. I don't seem to be able to nap in increments less than two hours! When I got up, I finished reading a book, and now here I am, writing. I just made a little painting, too. 

Have I walked 30 minutes every day? Um, no. Have I planted to little plants I bought a week ago? Nope. Have I planted the starts I've been nurturing for weeks? That's a big no, also. Poor little plants. Maybe tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, MT and I are planning to go on a nature walk. He bought me trekking poles for an early birthday gift, and we want to try them out. We were talking about going for a drive to eastern Utah, but I think there will be a lot of traffic coming back into the valley, so we're putting that plan on hold for now. There is a trail we found on the All Trails app that looks interesting and is rated EASY.  That will give me something to write about on Wednesday! 

That's all for today!


No comments: