Tuesday, June 16, 2009

#260 my strange dream

I had a dream last night that was strange and funny. Here it is:

In my dream, T, my mom, my aunt Mary and I were in New York City. We were going to go to a Yankees game at Yankee Stadium. I'd heard that the food at the stadium was really expensive, so we decided to get something to eat before we went to the game. We found a little cafe-type place and had a sandwich.

After eating, we all needed to use the restroom. The restroom at the cafe had many stalls, like 10. I went into a stall and the floor was all wet and yucky. That must have been a flashback from the bathroom at the concert venue I went to last week.

I quickly finished my business and tried to get out, but a lady had parked a baby carriage loaded with clothes in front of my door and I couldn't get out. I was pushing on the door and yelling, "Excuse me! Excuse me!"

A woman with a strong New York accent yelled back at me. "Hold on! I'm coming! Sheesh!"

I finally got out of the bathroom and rejoined my family. My mom was griping about how far away Yankee Stadium was from where we were. I pointed to a huge sign that was basically across the street from us. "It's right there," I told her.

"It looks like it's right there, but it's really not. It's really many blocks away," my mom said.

"This guidebook says we just go down this street," I pointed to the street outside the cafe, "cut through a store, and we're there."

"A store?" my aunt exclaimed. "I hope it's a Walmarks."

We headed out to the street. The road was under construction and there were ramps crossing over the street. Of course, it is New York and there are about a billion people using the ramps to cross the street. We all started out together. Then a large group of teenagers wearing light blue suits, dresses and mortar boards came toward us. T liked their outfits. We found out they had just graduated from a high school. We wished them well and went on our way. When we got to the other side of the street, we were missing Mom and Mary. T was annoyed, and so was I. I kept saying how much I wanted to go see Derek Jeter. (If you know me at all, you'll know this is just not me at all. I don't like the Yankees and I don't like Derek Jeter.)

T and I spotted my mom back on the other side of the street. T offered to run over to get her. "No way!" I told him. "There's a billion people here and I'm not going to have us all scattered about. We need to stay together so we can get to the ballpark and I can watch Derek Jeter."

We went back to get Mom. This time we met a bunch of kids in bright green suits, dresses and mortar boards. Another high school graduation. We got to Mom who was annoyed with us for leaving her, but we still couldn't find Mary. My mom had to go to the bathroom again, so we went back to the cafe, and there was Mary. I asked her where she'd been and she yelled at me, "I had to go to the bathroom, Sandra Kay!"

Then I woke up.

Good thing I don't know anything about dream interpretation, because I'm pretty sure this one would freak me out.

1 comment:

mamacita said...

It was indeed a dream, me going to see a baseball game? ;)