Friday, June 19, 2009

#261 busy week

There has been a lot of stuff going on this week!

On Monday my friend Kelsie had her baby. Carter is a beautiful little boy...actually, he's pretty big, weighing in at 8 lbs 12 oz.! She was definitely carrying all baby. I had a chance to hang out with her and the little one tonight for awhile. He's so sweet, and she seems to be doing well also. I miss her at work, but I'm happy for her and her husband. Babies are nice.

T was supposed to have soccer practice on Tuesday, but when we got to the field, no one was there. We came home and watched TV or something. I don't really remember.

Wednesday I had the chance to play in a golf tournament on a course I've never played before, Thanksgiving Point. I think I've mentioned that it's been very rainy lately, but Wednesday was dry but cloudy. When we were out on hole 14, almost as far from the clubhouse as you can be, the skies opened up and it POURED. I don't know if I've ever been so wet in my clothes before. I had a waterproof jacket on, so my shirt was dry underneath, but my pants were soaked. SOAKED! Apparently, a horn had sounded at the clubhouse calling everyone in when lightning was first spotted, but we were so far out, we didn't hear the horn and then it started raining. We were huddled in the golf cart with a little umbrella to shield us - it didn't do much good. We raced to the clubhouse but just got drenched. Fortunately, I had a pair of shorts in the car, so I changed, bought some dry socks and we continued to play once the weather cleared. We finished in about the middle of the field with par. Brian and his stacked team of Scott, James and Ed finished first with a 55. That's 17 under par. Sick.

Thursday I went to the Zumba Master Class taught by the creator of Zumba, Beto Perez. It was totally fun! The music is great and he has some fun moves. Plus, he's pretty easy on the eyes. Dancers are so graceful and effortless. I'm not a dancer. Much of the time my feet do not pay any attention to what my brain is telling them to do. I have fun, though! I was a sweaty mess after nearly two hours of Zumba-ing. It was awesome!

Tonight, as I mentioned, I went to Kelsie's. Our friend Abby had the idea to bring dinner to Kelsie and Josh this week, so I teamed up with a couple of girls to get them some nice food. Nicole brought pizza fixin's; Heather made her delicious chicken wonton salad, and I brought (homemade!) cookies. I enjoyed hanging out and holding the baby.

We don't have much planned for the weekend. It's T's last soccer game tomorrow. His team has only lost one game, and they are playing against the team that beat them tomorrow. I hope T's team will win! T has some monetary motivation to get after the ball; MT will pay him 50 cents for every touch T has, and $5 for a goal! T kicked a goal at practice last night in a scrimmage, but that didn't count in the compensation package.

Other than that, we're hoping for a little bit of warmth and sunshine!

One more thing...it really stinks to not have a pet. It's so quiet around here. I still think I hear her walking around sometimes. And I didn't realize what sloppy eaters and preparers of food we are! I miss my little walking cleaner-upper.

Have a great weekend. MT and I are going to watch "Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist."

No comments: