Tuesday, June 23, 2009

#262 the perfect book

Have you ever been to the library and found the exact book you wanted even though you didn't know you wanted it? I went to the library on Saturday. I didn't have any particular book in mind. Usually I just try to find one or two books that look interesting and I get them. I walked around the shelf that has new releases and BOOM! There it was. The exact book I wanted but didn't even know I wanted, "Perfect Fifths" by Megan McCafferty.

"Perfect Fifths" is the fifth (duh!) book in a series about Jessica and Marcus. I love Jessica and Marcus. In fact, I think Jessica and Marcus might be the reason I don't love Bella and Edward (you know, from "Twilight"). I read the first book, "Sloppy Firsts" around the same time I read "Twilight." I was way more caught up by Jessica and Marcus. For one thing, Jessica is cool and a bit snarky. Bella isn't that cool or very snarky; she's a bit dorky. I like Marcus because he has the human thing going for him; Edward is a vampire. It's not to say that I didn't like parts of Bella and Edward's story, because I do, but I LOVE Jessica and Marcus.

Anyway, seeing this latest, and final, part of the Jessica and Marcus story actually made me hop up and down and say, "Woo hoo!" but quietly, because I was in the library after all. I just finished the book tonight and it was great. It was just what I wanted.

Man, I've read two great books in a row. Is it possible to have three in a row? I'll let you know.

1 comment:

mamacita said...

I like that series too :) I read Sarah Dunn's "secrets to happiness" and I liked it. Also the latest of Susan Elizabeth Phillips called "What I Did for Love", is just like her other books, entertaining.