Thursday, June 25, 2009

#263 at last...75!

Since we are going out of town this weekend, I decided to go to Weight Watchers this afternoon. I lost a pound, and it was enough to put me at -75.4!! I went to a different center than usual, and the Leader there, Annette, was so friendly and kind and proud, even though she didn't know me. It was really nice. She gave me a little magnet that says "I did it! 75 lbs" and the 75 lb charm that goes on the key chain from WW. Annette also made me talk to the group about the changes I've made in my life that have led me to my weight loss. I have no idea what I babbled on about. I was kinda giddy.

This is the third week in a row that I've had a loss and it feel pretty good to be back on the downslope. I think I've been eating pretty well, and I know I've been exercising hard. Yesterday I actually did two workouts. Zumba in the morning for fun but turned out to be a sweat-fest, though still fun. In the evening I was going to cycling but it was cancelled so I went to kickboxing. The usualy Wednesday teacher wasn't there, so the class was taught by my Monday night kickboxing instructor Leisa. She didn't do the routine we did on Monday. It was fun and different and today I can barely lower myself onto the toilet because my inner thighs are still aching from all the squats we did. That's how I know it was a good workout - I don't usually get sore like that very much anymore. But I'm definitely hurting today!

We're heading to Idaho for the family reunion. I'm hoping for pleasant weather since we'll be sleeping in a tent. I am actually excited to go. I love to hang out in a chair or on the grass and read and chat with the family and relax. We've never been to this campground before, but the family who is hosting this year's reunion always chooses great places that we go to again and again. It's about a four hour drive for us from SLC, so it will be late when we get there tomorrow night, but MT likes to have a few beers with his cousins on the first night of the reunion. I'm usually so tired that T and I go right to sleep.

I better make sure I have all my stuff together. MT and T will pick me up from work and we'll head out right away, so I won't be home tomorrow once I leave for work. I'm always nervous that I'll forget something!

Have a great weekend. Hopefully I'll have some nice pictures to share on Monday.

4 comments:

Pappy1 said...

Great job Red. Have a fun time at the reunion.

emtes said...

Congratulations on achieving your goal. Well done, I'm proud of you.
Hugs XXXX Love you

Anonymous said...

woo-hoo!

mamacita said...

Have fun at the reunion and congratulations on achieving a 75 lbs loss, it's awesome!!!!!!
Besos