Tuesday, July 14, 2009

#277 baseball or Harry Potter?

I was pretty busy at work today, so the day passed more quickly.

When I got home, I immediately turned on the Major League All-Star Game. I like the opening festivities almost better than the game. I love it when they introduce the players. I actually got a little teary for Albert Pujols when his hometown Cardinals fans were going nuts over his introduction. What a rush that must have been! I liked the Everyday All-Stars and the stories told by the four former presidents and the current president. I loved it when the baseball players went to shake hands and hug the "regular" people who were being honored. I like the big flag that's held by the military people. I liked Sheryl Crow singing the national anthem. I love the jet fly-by. I loved President Obama throwing out the first pitch. It's all good for me. It's all good until the American League wins again.

I watched most of the game until I discovered that the fifth Harry Potter movie was on HBO, then I flipped back and forth a whole bunch. I'm totally excited to see the new Harry Potter movie. I finished re-reading the sixth book on Monday morning and I'm ready for the film. Sadly, I don't think we'll go until Saturday night. MT hasn't finished re-reading the book yet. Saturday will be fine. T is going tomorrow, lucky little devil!

Better get to bed; I'm going to Zumba in the morning and that alarm goes off pretty stinkin' early!

No comments: