Thursday, July 16, 2009

#279 farmer's market

Tonight after work I met Kelsie and Carter for a stroll through the Farmer's Market in Bountiful. I haven't been to a Farmer's Market for a long time, (if ever, come to think of it!) and visiting one was on my list of Things to Do in 2009. I found out about the Market in Bountiful at a WW meeting. This market is every Thursday from 4 - 7.

I really liked it! I bought some zucchini, corn on the cob, cherries, and new potatoes. YUM! There were a lot of things that looked good. In addition to fresh fruits and veggies, there were food vendors that looked good including a taco stand, funnel cakes, BBQ burgers and dogs, ribbon potatoes, these fried taco-type things and cheesecake in a waffle cone. I didn't get any of those things because I was coming home for dinner, but dang, those tacos looked delicious! Maybe next time.

In addition to the fun of buying fresh produce, it was cool to hang out with Kelsie and Carter. Carter slept through the whole thing because he's a nice baby. I did envy Kelsie her shorts and flip-flops. Next time I go I'll remember to bring something to change into. It was pretty hot out there.

No comments: