Monday, July 8, 2013

#969 that's darn good salsa

One thing I like to do is search around online for recipes. I usually like to do it with my Chromebook while I'm watching TV on Sunday morning. That's what I did yesterday while I was watching tennis.

I remember seeing something about a salsa recipe by the Pioneer Woman when I was cruising around Pinterest looking for a dip recipe a couple of weeks ago. I thought I would explore that a little further since I love love love the Pioneer Woman.

The salsa recipe was easy to find, easy to make and really easy to eat! I like tomato flavor but I don't really like tomato chunks. I don't really like pico de gallo because  it's hard to get past the tomato chunks. PW's salsa solves that problem by pureeing the ever-lovin' crap out of the tomatoes to make it distinctly not chunky. Plus she uses canned tomatoes and I'm ok with that.

Guess what else? I even used a fresh jalapeno pepper. I have written before about the evil that happens when I touch a raw jalapeno (post #109 and #203), so this time I bought myself some latex gloves for handling the pepper. Worked great.

The best thing is that the recipe makes a jackpot full of salsa. I had some for lunch today; I had some for a snack when I got home. Tomorrow morning I will make myself a little breakfast burrito and slather some salsa on it. Yummmmm.

You can click here if you want to get the recipe for yourself. And while you're at it, enjoy the witty writing of the Pioneer Woman and her step-by-step pics.


No comments: