Tuesday, August 20, 2013

#998 songza

I've been having a lot of fun with a new app I downloaded on my beloved iPhone. It's called SONGZA.  I've been listening to the various playlists on the app more than my iPod.

There are about a jillion playlists available, and they are grouped in interesting ways. There's a concierge that tells you what time of day it is and suggests six different types of music. For example, here's what it says right now:

It's Tuesday evening -
Play music for
  Working in an office (SFW) - that's Safe For Work - no bad words
  Playing Video Games
  Working - no lyrics
  Driving
  Brand New Music
  Exploring Cool Sounds

You pick a list and you get three more options, take your pick, and music comes out. It's awesome.

Today I listened to old school, upbeat rap, which was fantastic. I was surprised at how many songs I recognized. Sometimes if I work late, I listen to music with no lyrics; I listened to some jazz the other night. The other day I listened to some classic hits from the 70s and 80s. It's all been fantastic.

You can also get playlists based on Activities. Some of the categories include Waking Up on the Right Side of the Bed, Sitting on a Back Porch, Pleasing a Crowd and Hanging Out in the Man Cave.

You can get a playlist based on your mood. Feeling Angsty? There's a playlist for that. Feeling Trashy or Seductive? Get your groove on with a playlist!

There's also playlists from a ton of genres and lots of decade options. It is fantastic. I don't think I have heard the same song twice. We listened to a driving playlist on Saturday when we were coming home from Wendover.

And of course, extra bonus - there's a Songza website so you can listen directly from your computer!

Have fun!

No comments: