Wednesday, February 7, 2024

#2882 wanderlust


I've had a bad case of wanderlust lately. Multiple trips to northern California are not the answer LOL. At this time last year, I was dreaming of time in Barcelona and of seeing Paris for the first time. Currently, I am dreaming of getting the house in Dixon cleaned up and seeing it get put up for sale in the late spring. Maybe, maybe when that work is done, I can figure out a small trip.

There is a trip planned in October. I will be going to the Liguria region of Italy for a week of creativity with Lizzie and  Jill the Artist. It will be similar to the trip to Greece, but probably with a little more structure, since the tour company has experience with these types of trips. MT and I went to three of the Cinque Terre towns when we cruised a couple of years ago, and I think this part of Italy is beautiful. Lizzie and I are planning to spend an extra couple of days in Milan before the workshop week begins. MT and I didn't go to Milan - we chose the Cinque Terre excursion instead. The trip is eight months away, so I haven't really started putting energy into research about what to see in and around Milan, although Lizzie and I did some quick preliminary checking. Maybe a day-trip to a nearby medieval village? A train ride to Bologna or Verona? Or maybe a visit to George and Amal's place at Lake Como? (teehee) I'd like to wander around Milan itself and see the Duomo and The Last Supper. Yes, I'm looking forward to all of it!

In the meantime, I will satisfy myself with photos and memories of previous trips. I'll play with my travel journal. I'll look at advertisements for cruises and resorts. Maybe my cousin Nicole will go somewhere and share pics of her travels on IG. 

It is cold and wet here tonight. It's not snowing, but it has been soggy and gloomy all day. I was glad to work from home so I could wear my fleece-lined socks and cozy sweats. After work, I took a nice nap. I've got a little bit of a cough that has come on this evening, and I feel tired. I may just get ready for bed and snuggle with the dogs while I read for a little while. 

No comments: