Sunday, February 18, 2024

#2883 we've got some catching up to do

It's been a minute since the last time I wrote here. I haven't been all that busy, but things happen and something has to give, so it is usually writing here.

Last weekend, I'd planned to be in Southern California, but the weather was iffy and the Superbowl was happening in Las Vegas. I expected traffic delays into and through the city, so we decided to stay home. I spent Saturday cleaning up my home office a bit, and on Sunday we watched the Superbowl at home on our ginormous TV and enjoyed snacks. 

I've been valiantly fighting off a little cold. I took a sick day on Tuesday, and wound up sleeping quite a bit. Usually I try to power through the cold symptoms and the cold always wins and knocks me right on my butt. I was glad to take it easy on Tuesday, and I did feel better for it. 

Wednesday was Valentine's Day. I worked from home that day, and we had Mexican food take-out and cookies from Crumbl to celebrate. MT gave me a nice gift - a Delta gift card. He's generous. 

Really, I have been selfishly doing stuff I like: art, writing in my journal, reading, and even watching movies. I decided that Friday night will be my movie night, and I've made it clear to MT and T that I will watch a movie of my choice that night. They are both okay with it; T usually watches movies and shows in his room with J, and MT has control of the TV all the other nights. Last weekend, I watched two movies: Love in the Villa on Friday night, then Made in Italy on Saturday. Fun fact: each of these movies had actors who were also in the classic Under the Tuscan Sun. This weekend, we watched Cha Cha Real Smooth on Friday, then the three of us watched Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One on Saturday. 

I'm thankful for this President's Day weekend. Yesterday (Saturday) my body told me to rest, so that's what I did. I took two long, luxurious naps and it was so nice. Today I haven't left the house, although I have been awake. Mostly I've been sitting here at my desk drawing, painting, then paying the bills. Tomorrow I'm taking Harley to the vet to get a vaccination, and T to the dentist for some more fillings. I'll also need to go to the grocery store, but only for a few things. MT and I will be traveling to Dixon to meet up with Lizzie to do some clean up work at the house. 

I said I've been doing some art. Here are a few things I've done in the past couple of weeks:

This is a little sketch I did at work while waiting for a report to generate.

My own little calendar 

Zine cover this month

This little sketch is in my journal.

This was a practice for the valentines I made for work friends.

I made this valentine for my mama.

I made this birthday card for a friendly co-worker.

I've done some cool projects for Jill the Artist's group, too. I will probably share those another time. Mostly I get my inspiration from things I see on Pinterest. The sheet full of hearts idea came from a video I saw on Instagram. Usually I will have an idea about what I'd like to do, then go to Pinterest to see if there is something similar out there. With Mama's valentine and with the birthday card, I looked up "cards" on Pinterest and got these ideas. they look similar to the Pinterest cards, but different, too. I feel a little conflicted because I don't have many original ideas. But really, if I wanted to paint a mountain with a river, it's not like that has never been done by a jillion other artists. So, I mostly think I'm okay with getting inspiration from Pinterest and the internet in general. Right?

That's all for tonight. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Kteach said...

Love your drawings :)