Wednesday, July 4, 2012

#713 celebrate Independence Day

I heard something on the radio this morning that has stuck with me all day. Mike Greenberg from "Mike & Mike in the Morning" on ESPN radio was talking about a proposal that makes a lot of sense to me. He suggested that we Americans should not celebrate the 4th of July. Instead, we should celebrate Independence Day, and Independence Day would always be the first Thursday of July. That way, we could all enjoy a four-day weekend, like we do at Thanksgiving.

I love this idea! Who's with me? How do we try to make this happen? Celebrating the 4th of July is great, but when it's on a Wednesday, it's not as fun. I'd even settle for Independence Day being the first Friday of July. Three day weekends rule! Four days weekends are even better. Let's do this, America! :D


No comments: