Saturday, July 7, 2012

#716 why am I so tired?

Today has been a little strange, an appropriate ending to kind of a strange week. I think it was strange because of the holiday in the middle of the week. I worked from 7 - 12 on the 4th. Very unusual because it is a national holiday. My co-workers wanted to work that day because it was close and because our boss offered them the opportunity to work on the holiday and have Friday off. Who wouldn't want a three-day weekend? They jumped at the chance, and I don't blame them. So I worked too, even though I knew that I would be working on Friday. Friday was my big day for month-end close.

On Friday I worked from 7:30 to around 1:30. It wasn't a full day, but there was lots to do and my brain was tired when I left. MT had to work all day, but T was home, so he and I did a couple of things, then I came home and took a nap for a couple of hours.

Today I got up and went to the gym to exercise for a couple of hours. That's normal. Then I weighed in, then came home and had a bite to eat. MT is house hunting again, looking to add to our real estate empire (hahaha). We checked out a house in our target neighborhood and MT really liked it. We'll sign an offer sheet on it tomorrow, I think.

On the drive home, I took a little nap. It's only about 20 minutes from the target neighborhood to our house, but I couldn't keep my eyes open. When we got home, I came upstairs to my room and got my book, but I didn't even open it. I just fell sound asleep. I slept for two or three hours. It was a beautiful day! I felt sad when I woke up and it was 3:30, like I had wasted the day. I guess my body, and maybe my mind, needed the rest.

My brother-in-law Kevin stopped by and we had a late lunch/early dinner. Kevin lives near Tucson, AZ. He had a few days off, so he decided to drive to Idaho. He was here on the 4th of July, and now he's heading back home to Arizona. It was nice to see him. I know that MT really misses spending time with his brothers, so we always make time for them if they are in the area.

MT and T decided to go see the movie "Scavengers". I didn't care to go see it, so I stayed home and watched the movie "Everything Must Go". It's a Will Ferrell movie, but it is not funny or uplifting in any way, pretty much.

Now I'm just hanging out listening to the never-ending noise of fireworks that we have here in Utah from about July 3 to July 25. I expect it to taper off from the 9th to the 20th or so, but there will still be some fireworks somewhere. July 24 is a state holiday, Pioneer Day, which celebrates the Mormons coming into this valley in 1847. Utah is the only state to celebrate Pioneer Day, but we joke that Illinois and California celebrate it too: Illinois because Brigham Young left that state and California because Brigham Young didn't make it there because he stopped here. heehee

 That's all I've got. Hope you made better use of your Saturday than I did!

2 comments:

TForFree said...

its called "Savages"

RedRed said...

Yes, the movie T and MT went to see was "Savages". Told you I was tired!