Thursday, July 19, 2012

#728 beer dip fail averted

Tomorrow we are having one of our (in)famous dip days. I decided to bring beer dip. Yesterday when I was at the store I bought "all" the ingredients I would need: cream cheese, shredded cheese and pretzels. I already had bacon bits and beer at home, so I was all set.

Tonight I was mixing it all together and I thought that I was missing something. Something important, like flavoring. Ranch dip mix - you know, the dry stuff in the packet? It's a crucial ingredient for just about any dip. I only had about half a packet in my cupboard, and that was just not enough ranch flavoring. I ended up driving up the street to the grocery store and buying a 41 cent packet of ranch dressing at 9:47 PM.

BUT the dip tastes great and I think everyone will like it. I've made it a couple of times and it has always been a hit. It's super easy and really tasty. I got the recipe from Pinterest.

BEER DIP

2 or 3 packages of cream cheese (you decide how thick and how much you want)
a couple of handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese
a packet of ranch dip mix
bacon bits
1/2 to 3/4 of a bottle of beer
green onions (optional)

Mix everything together and let it set overnight in the fridge. It's a thick dip so I like to dip pretzel rods in it.

(The recipe from Pinterest that was pinned from a blog is a little more detailed, but really, it's dip. Throw the stuff in there, mix it up, give it a taste and add what you want more of. For me, it's usually a little more beer to loosen up the mixture and give it a tasty flavor!)

No comments: