Saturday, March 30, 2013

#904 all day and all night

I didn't write yesterday. I was way too busy/lazy lounging in my living room, watching a plethora of basketball games, doing sudoku puzzles, obsessively looking at social media sites for Macklemore and playing games on my beloved iPhone. I missed having my Chromebook last night. I could have written from the comfort of my big queen's chair. There was just no way I could pull myself away from watching the NCAA tournament and the Jazz game to write anything.

MT and T went to see the new GI Joe movie last night (they both liked it) so I had the remote to myself. I watched Louisville win, then I watched the Kansas/Michigan game. Kansas, one of my Final Four teams, was ahead by a lot, but then Michigan caught up and the game went to overtime and Michigan ended up winning. I then watched most of the Duke/Michigan State game, but I flipped channels between that game and the Jazz/Blazers game. I actually fell asleep for a little while and missed the end of the Duke game (Duke won), but woke up when MT and T came home and saw the Jazz come back to win in Portland - a rare road win and much needed. YAY!

About that time, T's friend Trent came over to spend the night and we watched late night TV including Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. I really like Jimmy and if his show was on earlier, I might watch it more regularly. Last night was a repeat episode, but since I'd never seen it, it was new to me. Prince was the musical guest. I love Prince. Speaking of musical guests, David Letterman had Kendrick Lamar, one of T's favorite rappers, so we were excited to catch that performance.

OOH! I just went over to the Jimmy Fallon website to get the link to share here, and there was a 10 minute video of Justin Timberlake doing a medley of some of his hits. It was great! I'm really into JT right now. His new CD is amazing.

Today has been fun. T, Trent and I went to watch a Major League Baseball game right here in SLC. The Colorado Rockies and the Seattle Mariners were in town for a spring training game. Let me just tell you that it was an absolutely perfect day to watch baseball. The sky was blue, the temperature was warm but mild. Every once in awhile this wonderful little breeze came up and cooled us off. The ballpark was packed with happy baseball-loving people. Our seats were great - third base line, just between third base and left field, right by the Seattle bullpen, about six rows from the field. Awesome! I loved everything - EVERYTHING - about it!

Look! I was even able to take a photo and T was smiling:


I got a sunburn on my arms. My chin is kind of red, too.

Tonight...more basketball. I watched the Wichita State Shockers beat another higher seeded team. They sent Ohio State home tonight, so the Shockers are in the Final Four. My bracket is officially a complete mess. I only have Louisville left, and I picked them to win the whole thing. In our bracket challenge, I am in 18th place (out of 43). I won't win any money, but I won't be last either. Six people ahead of me have also picked Louisville to win it all.

March has been the most sports-filled month ever! It's been great :)

1 comment:

emtes said...

Wow, looks like you're having great weather aldreay. Seems you had a great time too :-)