Friday, September 13, 2013

#1011 I want some hot apples please

It has been feeling very fall-ish here this week. It has rained nearly every day. The temperatures are much cooler - it has been such a hot summer that the cooler temps are welcome, even if they are a little early. I was hoping for a little bit of Indian summer: cool temps in the morning, just enough for a light jacket and warm temps in the afternoon that make you leave your jacket at work so you're bummed in the morning that you forgot your jacket. I think when I was a kid in elementary school, I forgot my jacket or sweater in the classroom quite a bit.

The cooler temperatures have also got me craving a treat with warm apples. I love hot apples! I might have to look at Pinterest and find something easy that I can make. I don't want a whole pie, but a little mini pie pocket would be good, you know, like the apple pies that McDonalds sells? Something like that.

A quick follow-up on a couple of things. First, the marinated meat. The flavor of the meat was delicious, but I overcooked the steak and it was a little tough. I don't like steak with pink in it, but I think this particular cut of beef would have been better just a little less well done. Maybe next time.

Second, my fascination with Songza continues. I regularly play it on my computer in my office. Today I listened to "mellow jazz" while it was raining this afternoon. It was perfect for my mood and for the work I was doing. I have also enjoyed listening to the blues, Spanish guitar, funk, and the Top 100 songs. I still love my iPod, but it has been really fun to listen to the different options that Songza offers.

MT and I are going to watch a movie now. Have a great weekend!

No comments: