Thursday, January 23, 2014

#1100 TBT: one day in April 2008

I couldn't think of anything to write tonight. On FB my mom posted a Throwback Thursday photo and ZIP! I went to the photo drive for inspiration. I asked MT to pick a year and month and he gave me April 2008.

Tia Mia was visiting California from Sweden, so T and I went to see her. Of course she was staying with my parents, and the five of us went to San Diego for the weekend to visit Lizzie and Jeff.

On April 27, Lizzie, Mia, T and I went to Sea World. Jeff was there too, at least for awhile, but I don't think my parents came along.

We saw the Shamu show.


Did you know that orcas, also known as killer whales, are the largest of the dolphin family? They are fierce predators and very impressive in the wild and at Sea World.

We also tried to pet the smaller dolphins. I think Lizzie succeeded, but I didn't get a picture of that. I did take this photo of a random lady. This dolphin may actually have nipped the child or the mother. But maybe not. It's been a few years. But doesn't the dolphin look like it wants to bite them?


We saw the seal show, too, but I didn't like those photos. I think Lizzie, Jeff and I rode the Atlantis roller coaster that day. I remember that we had fun.

In the evening we all went to dinner in Old Town San Diego at a cool Mexican restaurant. I remember that the food was delicious, but I didn't care much for the decor:


Who can enjoy their enchilada when a bicycle riding clown is hovering over their table?

At the end of the night, we had the obligatory family photo session with many photos being taken in every configuration imaginable. Here's one of my original nuclear family:


I think my sister looks beautiful in red!I do not care for myself in this photo, although I did like that shirt. Mom and Dad look happy :)

I actually wrote a little bit about this day back in 2008 in post #110. Isn't it funny that I would write about it again in post #1100? I did not plan that! I already had this post written when I went looking for a post from April 2008.

Thowback Thursday is fun! Looking through the photos and remembering what was going on is pretty fantastic.

No comments: