Tuesday, May 12, 2015

#1435 dog sounds and the Hawaiian alphabet

Last night I was really tired and very happy to fall into my bed to go to sleep. Sadly, I was woken up about 90 minutes into my slumber by T. Osi had another seizure, so T wanted to let me know so I could make sure she was all right. I felt bad for my dog, so I got up and gave her a cookie (that's a Milk Bone dog biscuit) and made sure she didn't crash into anything as she roamed around, walking it off, I guess. I could barely keep my eyes open.

Finally I decided that she was fine, so I went back up to bed. Osi followed me upstairs and paced around my room. I have a wood floor with a rug in the middle, so her pacing sounds like this:

click click click
pad pad pad pad
click click
whoosh (that's the turning around on my side of the bed sound)
click click
pad pad pad pad
click click click

At that point she's out of my bedroom and into the hallway where she may go into T's room or the "office".  Then it's back to my room. This pattern continues until she wears out and flops down on the wood floor and begins to snore.

So while that festival of dog sounds was happening, I was lying in bed thinking about Mai Tais. I decided that Mai Tai is not a Hawaiian word, because there is no letter "T" in the Hawaiian language. There are only 12 letters in that language: A, E, I, O, U, H, K, L, M, N, P, W.

There you go.

1 comment:

Kteach said...

Pobrecito Osi, and poor you with the sounds! I was awaken this morning after a bad night, with the lovely noise of a jackhammer, I think the neigbors behind us are going to have a new pation and out with the old one. They could at least wait till 9!

I never had a Mai Tai either.