Monday, January 11, 2016

#1587 RIP David Bowie


First thing that popped up on my phone this morning was a notice from the BBC that David Bowie had died. How is that even possible?  I didn't want to believe it, but there it was - the news was all over social media, on the radio, on TV. Ziggy Stardust, the Man Who Fell to Earth, the Thin White Duke, is gone.

I think David Bowie's music was always in my home when I was growing up, but I thought maybe he was a little over-the-top for me when I was younger. But then came 1983 and Let's Dance. Man I love that song! I was thinking about all the great Bowie songs today as I heard many of them being played on the radio. Fame. Changes. Rebel Rebel. Heroes. Under Pressure (with Queen!) China Girl



And now for your viewing pleasure, take a journey back to the early 80s to enjoy the truly strange video for Let's Dance. Videos back then were just so weird, but it's still a good song!


RIP David Bowie. You were fantastic.

No comments: