Wednesday, August 24, 2016

#1742 three things: updates

I think there are three things I can write about tonight! They are all updates from previous posts.

Knee. The last time I wrote I was bitching about how bad my left knee was hurting. Since Sunday I have been taking it easy and medicating. The knee feels better than it did, but it's still swollen and painful. The pain goes between a four and a six on the ten point scale. So annoying. #arthritissucks

Pillow. Around the end of July or the first of August I got a new pillow. Remember that I spent $50 on it and I was freaking out a little? Well, since I've been sleeping on the pillow for about a month, I can tell you that it was worth the money. I've mostly been sleeping pretty well, even though thinking/worrying about the man-child does sometimes wake me up in the middle of the night.  Not the pillow's fault or the man-child's fault either. Sometimes I just think too much for my own good. I will be away from my pillow for the first time this weekend, so I'll be interested to see how it goes.

iTunes gift card. Remember in July when I was trying to get in 8,000 steps a day so that I could be a $10 iTunes gift card from my work? Well, I did get in 8,000 steps every day in July; in fact, I averaged over 10,000 steps a day! Today I got the gift card in the mail along with a check for $50 for getting over 310,000 steps in July! HOORAY! Why don't I have that same determination and will power every month? I could give myself an iTunes gift card if I succeed or even something else (like nail polish!) but I don't reward myself or challenge myself. Kind of depressing when I think of it. But I was super excited to get the check and the gift card!

Want to know one more awesome thing? I'm going to San Diego in the morning! I'm super excited to visit Lizzie and check out her new apartment in the city. I'm also really looking forward to spending some time with my mom and dad in their peaceful little oasis in the 'burbs. And when I get home on Monday, MT and I will be closing on the sale of the fixer upper, so there's something else to look forward to!


No comments: