Wednesday, November 9, 2016

#1791 how I'm feeling today after the election

I've kind of been feeling shocked and numb today from the election results. President-elect Trump. Really 
America? This is not a case of sour grapes. This is me honestly wondering about where our country is going. 

I know there are people very close to me that I love very much that think Trump is absolutely the right person for the job of Leader of the Free World, but I completely disagree. I think about the hateful things he said about women, minorities, religious groups etc during the campaign and I wonder how a person who says things like that will make a good leader.  Rhetoric like that does not come from a leader.

His plan for the economy goes back to the "good old days" of Reagan's trickle-down economics. Reagan was the president during my college days. I always felt like that guy hated college students. Student loans were crazy expensive. MT had loans and we paid them off in small amounts forever, it seemed like. Now our son is in college and hopefully he won't ever have to take out a student loan because I fear that Trump's philosophy on higher education and the cost of it would imitate Reagan's philosophy. After all, Trump did give higher education a chance by establishing Trump University in which he bilked people out of thousands of dollars for his own gain.  He'll be going to court over that fiasco before the end of the year.

I can already feel your feathers ruffling as you argue about what a horrible person Hillary Clinton is and how having her as the president would have been a far worse thing than having Trump as the president. Agree to disagree, friends (and family). As far as I can tell, she did not break any laws, even after an in-depth hearing regarding Benghazi and two investigations by the FBI, including one a week before the election. You think Obama and Lynch had a chat with Comey to get Hillary off the hook? I think the Republicans had a chat with Comey to reopen that investigation to cast serious shade on her at a crucial time. Just my opinion though.

Doesn't change anything. Trump is the president-elect. I understand the election process and I accept the result. I only hope that Trump is a better president than he was a candidate. Every time that guy opened his mouth or sent out a tweet, I cringed. (Yes, I followed him on Twitter, along with Fox News so I could get their side of the story.) I know that there are people who hate the Obamas and I don't understand that at all. I have no kind feelings toward the Trumps. I respect the office of President of the United States, but I certainly have no respect for the man who will take the office in January.

I don't often comment on political stuff but there has never been a presidential election when I have felt so strongly that the person who was elected was absolutely the worst possible choice that could have been made.

All right.  I've said what I have to say. If you don't agree with me or like my opinion, I'm okay with that. I stand by what I say and how I feel. My mom and dad taught me to think for myself and speak up for what I believe. It's not like I'm going to move to Canada or somewhere. I'll be here, hoping that the four years Trump serves the country won't have much of an effect on my day-to-day life. And mostly, I hope that he proves me wrong and rises the occasion.


No comments: