Tuesday, January 3, 2017

#1817 always thinking of vacation

Back to work today. With the exception of feeling slightly deprived of food and nap-time, I made it through the day. It seems that during the holiday, I got used to grazing on whatever food was available, and there was ALWAYS something available. I also got used to taking a little snooze around 2:30. The hour between 2:30 to 3:30 was tough this afternoon.

I was thinking that this time a year ago, MT and I made the decision to take a spur-of-the-moment vacation. We went on a cruise with a couple of bonus days in Key West. While we were watching TV the other night, a cruise ship ad was played. I jokingly asked MT if he wanted to go on a cruise before my surgery. He looked me in the eye and said, "Yes, BUT we can't."  Between the fixer-upper and my surgery and tuition, a lovely tropical vacation is out of the question right now. Maybe after we sell a couple of houses this year. I hope so!

No comments: