Monday, August 14, 2017

#1913 simple pleasure Monday: love & marriage

My sister had a friend who had a daily gratitude post on Facebook I think. I know it had an impact on Lizzie because to this day she writes in a gratitude journal every day. It can be so easy to get caught up in the every day stuff of life , whether it's good or bad, and forget to feel grateful. There's always something to be grateful about and taking the time to acknowledge that something is important.

Simple pleasure Monday is about taking the time to acknowledge that something that makes me feel happy. Sometimes it has been silly and little (nail polish!) and sometimes it is big. Today it's big.

Tomorrow is my 24th wedding anniversary. 24 years I've been married to MT! We are pretty different people.I know there are friends from college that are stunned and amazed that we are still married. Sometimes he makes me crazy; I'm positive I do the same to him. Overall, though, I think we are a good team. He makes me think outside the box and I bring some reality to some of his thinking. Over the years together, we have brought our ideas together and it seems we are on the same page about what we want from life.

We've been married for 24 years, but we've been together for about 30 years. I started going out with him when I turned 21 and now I'm 51. Wow!

So my (not-so-simple) pleasure today is the fact that I found someone to hang out with, to have a kid with and to grow old with. That there was someone who actually wanted to marry me and seems to be in for the long haul.We are not a lovey-dovey PDA type couple, but there is definitely love and respect and admiration and trust between us. I'm glad to have him; I hope he's glad to have me. (If he doesn't he is crazy. LOL)

He doesn't read this, but I'll say it anyway...

Happy anniversary MT! I love you!!


2 comments:

Pappy1 said...

Happy for you and the 24 years. I remember the day you told me you were with someone. We were driving back to La Mirada from Dixon. I wish you both a happy day and many more.

Lizzie said...

congratulations! you both make a choice every day to be together, good for you!