Friday, April 20, 2018

#2030 some days are really hard

Tomorrow would have been my dad's 78th birthday.

He would have loved watching the Jazz in the playoffs. We would have talked about how great Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are.

He would have been pleased to know that T has a full-time job and that he is clean and doing okay.

He would have been so happy that we were all together last weekend. If he was still here, we would be together this weekend for his birthday.

He would have told me (and Lizzie and Mom) that he thinks our weight loss is great.

He would have been interested in Lizzie's plans for her trip to Scotland.

He would have been concerned about Lulu's Cone of Shame and the owie on her foot.

We would have chatted on the phone tonight and I would have called him back tomorrow to wish him a happy birthday.

I miss my dad.


2 comments:

Ninius said...

That is exactly what he'd have done and said!

Lizzie said...

I have also thought about what we'd all be doing to celebrate Dad on his birthday. I would have brought some cake from Extraordinary Desserts, maybe a carrot cake or something more exotic for him. For sure we would have watched the Jazz game. I can just see him doing his slow clap of appreciation throughout the game and when they won. But the thing I think of the most is the way he would have hugged me with tears in his eyes, telling me he loves me and is proud of me.