Tuesday, April 24, 2018

#2032 I felt old but happy today

Back in the good ol' days, I always went to bed late. In college I doubt I was ever in bed before 1 AM. After college and into my working life, I stayed up for Letterman or to watch a movie. Somewhere, though, it came to pass that I needed/wanted to go to bed around 10:00 and now if I'm up much past that time, it's not good for me.

I need about seven hours of sleep a night to feel rested. I can sleep more, and I like it when I do, but seven hours is the minimum.

Last night the Jazz game started at 8:30  which was late for us. Usually games start at 7:00, but this is the playoffs and all the games are on the national sports outlets and there are typically three or even four games being played in one night during this first round. Since Salt Lake was the farthest western city in which a game was being played last night, Jazz/Thunder drew the late time slot.

I'm a hard-core Jazz homer and I knew I was going to stay up for the whole game, which I did. It ended around 11:00. The Jazz won!! Then I stayed up to watch a bit of the post-game interviews. Next thing I knew I woke myself up from my snores. By that time, T came home and I had a couple of things I wanted to tell him, so I didn't end up getting to bed until 1:00 AM. My stupid alarm went off around 5:30. Do the math. That's not seven hours. I've been yawning all day.

Even though I was looked and felt tired today, I would do it again. I probably will be doing it again, depending on how the schedule works out. The Jazz are up 3-1 in the best of seven series, so if they win in Oklahoma City tomorrow night, they will move on to the second round where they will undoubtedly face the Houston Rockets.

Go Jazz!

No comments: