Monday, June 4, 2018

#2052 migraines for me and seizures for the dog

Over the past couple of weeks I have had blinding, dizzying headaches that make me want to curl up in a ball, turn off all the lights and cry myself to sleep.

It's probably stress and lack of sleep.

Last night Osi was seizing throughout the night. She is fine for two or three months, then she has a cluster of seizures that usually spans about 24 hours. It's hard to sleep when she is having a seizure. Even though there isn't anything I can do to help her, I like to pet her and talk to her. I'm sure it's scary for her when it happens. After the seizure itself is over, coming back to reality is slow and stumbling and disorienting. Last night was nice and cool at 2AM and I let her go outside to lay on the deck. I set my alarm for 45 minutes so I could go back and check on her. She was fine then, so I left her out there and set the alarm again, but couldn't get myself out of bed when the alarm went off, so she stayed out there until 6AM. She must have felt better because she was running through the sprinklers when I went to check on her. She came up to the door with a smiley dog face and a wagging tail. I dried her off and gave her some food and she promptly had another seizure.

She seems to be feeling better tonight and I have this shitty headache.

I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

❤️❤️❤️

Kteach said...

Feel bad for Osi, and for you too. I hope you both feel better. Love you.