Friday, October 26, 2018

#2109 I'm tired of this already

Today I was still feeling poorly. Yesterday I started having trouble breathing. I was walking and finding it hard to take a nice deep breath. When I breathed in, it ended with a dry, hacking cough. It's hard to get to sleep when you breathe like that. A couple of friends at work suggested (strongly) that I go to the doctor just to make sure nothing else was happening, so that's what I did.

There's a new Instacare facility close to my house. I explained my symptoms. They swabbed the back of my throat to test for strep throat. I'd never had one of those tests before. Then the doctor listened carefully to my lungs while I breathed and declared that he didn't hear anything in there, so at least I don't have pneumonia, and then he prescribed some antibiotics. He said if there was any bacteria lurking, the antibiotics would take care of it and if there wasn't, then oh well, I'd just get over the cold. You know there's nothing that can be prescribed for a cold.

After that, I went to the library to pick up a book that was on hold for me, picked up my meds and came on home. MT was home too. He watched a couple of movies while I took a nap. T prepped and then left for the Get Freaky rave.

Now I'm up watching the Utah football game. They are playing the UCLA Bruins tonight. I'm also keeping an eye on World Series game 3 - extra innings tonight!

I'm planning on taking it easy this weekend and hopefully getting better. I'm so tired of being tired and having this sore throat and stuffy head. Plus that whole breathing thing is a downer.

Have a great weekend!


No comments: