Wednesday, February 12, 2020

#2332 Survivor is back!

MT and I have different tastes in TV programs. I like to watch sports. MT will watch some sports with me (I think he likes the Jazz), but he has his limits whereas I can watch sports all day long. He tends to binge watch shows on Netflix or Amazon, usually sci-fi shows that I just can't get into.

There is one show that we watch together. We look forward to it, and we have watched it for years: Survivor. I think what we like about it is the interactions and intrigue between the players. It seems like you get a pretty good idea of what people are all about when they are put in an extreme situation like living on an island with a bunch of strangers for up to 39 days. Another thing we like are the challenges they have to do to win immunity and/or rewards. There are so many aspects to Survivor, from physical to social and mental.

Tonight was the first episode of Season 40 (there are usually two seasons a year of the show). All 20 players are previous winners and the name of this season is Winners at War. I did not recognize or remember all 20 participants, and neither did MT, but we were still excited to watch. Tonight's show was a two hour episode and it was wonderful. I think this season is going to be epic, not only because all of the people have won before, but also because there are a couple of new twists to the game that will make it super-entertaining. Plus, the prize money has been doubled for this season's winner to two million dollars.

My bro-in-law is here and I don't think he was interested in watching the show at all, but he kinda got sucked in anyway. He'll be here for a few more Wednesdays, so maybe he'll get into it.

I know there are people who don't like Survivor and who think I'm a nut for watching it, and I really don't care. It's awesome. I sure wouldn't want to be on the show. I'd hate being out there without comforts. MT has often said that he would love to be a participant. I would like to be the one to go visit him on family day!

I'm not going to write recaps or anything like that, but you'll likely read more about Survivor happenings on Wednesdays. Of course, I only write on Wednesdays every other week, so it will be pretty mellow.






No comments: