Monday, July 27, 2020

#2413 musical Monday: Graceland


One of my very most favorite albums of all time is Paul Simon's Graceland.  It came out in 1986 and the cassette was pretty much constantly in my Walkman. I went to Spain in the summer of '86 or '87 (I can't remember) and I listened to Graceland over and over. There were a couple of other albums that I listened to a lot during that trip, like Legend by Bob Marley and The Police Synchronicity, among others. I've found myself thinking a lot about Graceland lately. I listened to it in full about a week ago, and I could still sing every word and the music brought me just as much joy and pleasure as it did way back in the '80s. 

I wanted to share a video from the album, but the three I watched that were official were dated and not that good. They didn't satisfy me and I didn't want to share. (I'm looking at you, Boy in the Bubble. I love that song, but the official video is not good.) 

I kept looking though, and came across this clip from the Concert in Hyde Park from 2012. Paul looks kinda old but he sounds good and I love this song. I hope you'll click and enjoy five minutes of good music. 


1 comment: