Friday, July 17, 2020

#2410 a walk at Red Butte Garden

The last time I was at Red Butte Garden was March 9th. I was there for a tour of the Water Conservation Garden with the gardeners in charge of that area (I wrote about it in post #2342). Shortly after that, pretty much everything shut down, including the Garden. It re-opened sometime in June. You have to schedule a time to go and you have to wear a mask. The Children's Garden isn't open and the Visitor Center is a one-way only place, and other than that, you can walk through however you want. 

Volunteer action is limited. I haven't done any volunteering there this summer. Today I did take a walk in the Garden though. It was great to be up there. My scheduled time was 10AM, so it was still cool. There weren't a lot of people there, so although I did have a mask with me, when I was alone on the path I took it off and put it on when I was near people. 

Mid-July is not peak blooming season. Mostly what was blooming was lillies, roses, and some wildflowers. I liked being in the shade and just wandering around. It restored me a little. Here are some pics.

Water Conservation Garden

So many different shades of green

Can't go to RBG without looking at the waterfall...
..
...or the pon and it's reflections

Two pretty dragonflies on a reed by the little waterfall

Another view of the pond and it's reflecting properties

Red Butte Creek with the moose family sculpture

The sky looks really blue in these photos, but it was kinda hazy. It's fire season and something is burning somewhere.

I walked around for about an hour. It was great. I'll go back next month sometime. 

On my way home I stopped at Les Madeleines for a treat.


Mmmm...a kouing amann. So crunchy and sweet on the outside, so tender, moist and flaky on the inside. I blame you for putting the idea to go there in my head!

The rest of the day was for reading and napping. I did watch the Netflix series Never Have I Ever. It was so good! It hit all the feels. 

It is hot as hell here. The AC can't keep the house cool today, so I'm kinda grouchy and uncomfortable.  I'm gonna turn the fan up to medium speed and hopefully get some rest in the air flow.

Happy weekend!


2 comments:

Lizzie said...

sounds like a nice day!

josefa wann said...

How can you be grouchy after a nice walk in the gardens and a delicious pastry??? :) It sounds lovely.