Friday, July 31, 2020

#2415 July wrap up

First, let's review the COVID-19 stats for the month. The numbers I'm writing here are the change from June 30 to July 31.

Globally, there were nearly 7.2 million new cases and just over 169K deaths.

In the United States, thee were almost 1.2 million new cases reported and over 26,000 deaths. 

In Utah, there were nearly 18,000 new cases and 132 deaths.

In Salt Lake County, there were just over 7800 new cases and 68 deaths.

Overall numbers since the beginning of the pandemic:
There are 17.7 million cases worldwide and there have been nearly 683,000 deaths.
In the U.S. there are 4.7 million cases and over 156,000 deaths.
In Utah, there are over 40,000 cases and over 300 deaths. The state's population is just over three million.
In Salt Lake County, there are over 19,000 cases and 175 deaths.  The County's population is over one million.

In July we continued our split and staggered schedule at work. I like it. There are projects /tasks I plan to do on the days when I am in the office, so that works well. I like the days when I am at home too. The commute is fantastic and I get a lot of work done here. 

July was kind of a mixed bag of good and bad for me:
The fan wasn't working in my car, so I had to take it to the shop. This started in June and I took it in then, but the repair that was made didn't quite take care of the problem, so I had to take it back (and pay more) in July. I wasn't charged for the replacement of the part they put in back in June, but I was charged for the other part of the problem they found. The good news is that the fan, and therefore the AC, works well now. 

Another bad thing was the kidney/back problem. The back pain is mostly gone now, I'm happy to say, but sometimes it does sneak back up on me. 
,
Mostly everything was good:
I took off all the Fridays in July. I had two freebies because of holidays, so I just had to take three vacations days. I enjoyed having these days off. I didn't go anywhere or do anything noteworthy - except that one morning I took a walk at Red Butte Garden. Another thing I have done this month is step up my physical activity mostly with the FitOn app, but also with walks at the fitness center park with MT and weekly bike rides. I feel good about that. I've been reading a lot. In July I finished eight books, which I believe is a personal record. The first book I finished this month was mostly read in June and finished in July, but that's how I count them, but finish date. I'm up to 40 books for the year, well on my way to my goal of 67! I'll be updated my Reading tab tonight.

In other good news, T got a job. MT is doing well. Mac is growing and growing. MT weighed her the other day and she was over 30 lbs and she's not even four months old yet. She's going to be a big girl. 

What am I looking forward to in August? I'll take Mac to get her last set of puppy shots next week. That's cool because then I will be able to take her out for walks in the park and maybe even to a dog park to play. I also signed us up for puppy training which starts on the 10th. She could definitely stand to learn some manners and I will benefit from learning training techniques. I've never had a dog that frustrates me as much as she does. I've never had a dog this big either. She is so different from Osi. Of course Osi was an energetic pupper who was a mouthy nibbler, but she was a pleaser even as a pup. Mac is my loyal shadow, but not as much of a snuggly pleaser. She wants to be by me, but she doesn't like to be petted when she is resting. 

MT and I will celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary on August 15.  

At work we will continue our split and staggered schedule in August. 

That's pretty much it, I guess. I'll be back on Sunday with more words, probably. Have a great weekend!



1 comment:

josefa wann said...

I think it's very good that y'all are going to pup training. It seems like it will do all of you, and her, and lot of good. She's a handful lol, and getting so big. She's very smart and I'm sure it'll be good all around :)