Sunday, July 19, 2009

#281 oops, missed one

I missed yesterday, sorry about it. I was busy! Usually I loll around on Saturdays, but I had stuff going on all day. In the morning, I went to my WW meeting (+1.2 lbs), then to Zumba for a marathon - over an hour and half! After that I came home to shower and have a bite to eat before I began cleaning T's room. I started at noon and finished around 5:30 with very few breaks. I did not take before pictures. I could take after pics, but I won't post them because I want him to be surprised. I don't know if he's reading my words while he's on vacation, but just in case, no pics. I think it looks good and I'm happy with it. When he gets here, he and I will sort through his clothes and toys and make a donation.

In the evening, MT and I went to dinner at Pat's BBQ in SLC. The place was featured on Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives". Pat's falls into the "Dive" category. It's tucked away off the main streets on a street I probably wouldn't have gone on unless I was lost. It was really hot yesterday, in the upper 90s, and MT told me that he hoped the place had air conditioning. It doesn't. It was pretty warm in there. The good news is that the beer tasted extra good! I had the pulled pork sandwich with mac and cheese on the side. MT had the three meat combo. It included pulled pork, a piece of chicken and three ribs. His side was Creole black beans and rice. Whew! Was that ever spicy! We were again thankful for cold beer. The dinner was tasty.

Ater dinner, we went to see "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." Loved it! Of course the book has lots more details than the movie, but all the major elements were there. We'll likely see it again with T when he comes home.

When we got out of the movie last night just after 11:00, the temp was still 94. I love my A/C!

We've had visitors from Idaho this weekend! Yesterday MT's brother Kelly came to town for the day. He was on a family errand and hung out with MT in the afternoon. MT doesn't have a chance to visit with Kelly very often, and I think he really enjoyed it. Today, Jake and Linda came with Kevin, MT's other brother. Kevin was flying back home to Arizona and Jake and Linda gave him a ride to the airport. We all went out to a late lunch/early dinner at Chili's this afternoon. It was nice to see them. Jake and Linda are spending the night and heading back to Poky in the morning.

This evening I took a quick walk on the outdoor track over at the Fitness Center. It was warm, but it felt good to stretch the legs. I imagined myself walking my soon-to-be new puppy or dog over there, and I liked the thought of it. I imagined enrolling the dog and T in Petsmart's training classes. I think that will be good, too.

The sky has really clouded over. I wonder if we'll have a little thunderstorm? I wonder if it will cool things off a bit?

I'm going to play in a couple of golf scrambles in the next few weeks. I haven't played any golf for awhile. I really haven't felt like it. I guess I will hit some balls and do some putting in the next couple of weeks so I don't totally suck and bring down my team.

No comments: