Thursday, July 23, 2009

#284 missed another one!

...but it was for a good reason. Last night MT and I went out on a rare work-night date. First we went to T's school for Back to School night. We met his teacher, Mrs. J, who seemed very energetic and who talked really, really fast. MT and I both liked her and we're hoping T has a fun sixth grade year.

After that, we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant, El Habanero, for dinner. They were slammed with people right after we got there and our poor server, the only one on duty it seems, was running all over the place with drinks and chips and food. It wasn't great service - how could it be? - but we still enjoyed our meal. After dinner we headed to Barnes and Noble for some serious browsing. I did buy two books, but I wrote down about 20 in my notebook to look for at the library. To finish off the night, we had some ice cream from Coldstone. We sat outside at a little table and savored our cold, delicious treat in the warm night. It was so nice to go out!

Mom, Dad and T got home today! I think T grew a little in the ten days since I've seen him. He liked his clean and rearranged room. It was great to just sit and chat with the folks.

I only had to work about half a day today because tomorrow is Pioneer Day here in Utah, so I'm having a wonderful three day weekend! Hooray. Pioneer Day is one of my favorite things about Utah. Who wouldn't love another holiday in July? It's great. I'm not sure what we're going to do, exactly. T wants to go see Harry Potter again. Maybe we'll look at puppies. Maybe we'll go to the pool. Maybe I'll go hit some golf balls since I'm playing in a tournament a week from Saturday. For sure we will plan our Family Fun and Food: you know, what we'll do, where we'll go, what I'll fix for dinners.

No comments: