Thursday, August 8, 2013

#993 Throwback Thursday - the wedding shower


This photo was taken around this date 20 years ago. Yes, I have been a Jazz fan at least that long! I received the pillow as a gift during my bridal shower. The party was held at my sister-in-law's house. All the guests were from MT's side of the family; my mom and sister weren't there. MT and I were living in Pocatello and my family all lives in California. The wedding was held in Las Vegas, so it was a good middle ground.

It is a tradition (they told me) for the bride-to-be to put all the bows on her head. That's what's going there.

See that cute smiley girl in the background? That's my BFF LA. She was keeping a list of all the gifts and who they were from so I could write thank you cards.

I'll be honest with you...I don't remember much about this event. I know I got this pillow and a sleeping bag (we were going camping on our honeymoon) and a purple silky nightie and I don't remember what else. And, more honesty here, I know those things because when I was looking for a photo to use today, I saw photos of those things :)


No comments: