Monday, October 8, 2018

#2102 meat-fest Monday

I work in the office of a big construction company. A lot of the people have those Traeger grills and they know how to use them. Today we had a competition where 10 people brought in meat they had cooked on their grills. There were categories for poultry, ribs, pork and brisket. Some people entered in more than one category. I think there was easily over 50 pounds of various types of meats for everyone to try. I had a plate full of brisket, some pulled pork and a slice of smoked turkey breast. We had side dishes too: baked beans, coleslaw and cornbread. I ate way too much meat and cornbread. My friend Nicole was teasing me that I'd have the "meat sweats" tonight. I haven't, but it sounds terrible. I do taste smoky meat flavor in the back of my throat on occasion though.

I forced myself to go to the gym for a spinning class to help myself feel better about the large amount of protein I had for lunch. It wasn't my best spinning effort, but I was there and I got sweaty and I didn't throw up, so all is well. I ate a piece of toast when I got home. I'm still full.

I think tomorrow will be meat-free Tuesday.

1 comment:

mamacita said...

I hope your tummy feels better :)