Thursday, August 16, 2012

#749 back home

I got to come home from the hospital today. I was a little nervous about it, but it has been mostly fine so far. Probably one of the hardest things will be that I can't do much for myself, especially when I am strapped into the CPM (Continuous Passive Motion) machine. I need to be in it six to eight hours a day that can be broken into blocks of time. I need help to get it set up and to get myself into it. And once I'm in, I'm in. So like tonight I got thirsty and asked T to get me a glass of ice water. It was quite the production involving ice falling to the floor, bad words being said and me feeling bad for having to ask. I'm set up here on the couch and MT was watching TV, but he went upstairs leaving me with some strange movie. I couldn't reach the clicker so I just sat here in the dark feeling kind of sorry for myself until I called T to help me out. Thank God for my beloved iPhone!  We are definitely not accustomed to thinking about what the other might need or want. Well of course I think I'm good at it!

1 comment:

mamamcita said...

There needs to be some adjustments made, the first days are always the rougher ones :)
Glad you're home!