Friday, November 9, 2012

#802 hello winter

We had our second snowfall of the season, but the first accumulation. It snowed all day. Sometimes it was big, fluffy flakes of snow and sometimes it was smaller bits of "chunky rain" and it seemed like sometimes it was just a misty rain, but it was wet and cold all day long. It's still coming down. We have a couple of inches of snow on the ground at our house and it's still cold, 32 degrees (that's 0 degrees Celsius for my foreign friends).

I hope that MT has a safe trip home from work tonight. He works about 90 miles or so from Salt Lake, and one part of the road he has to take goes through Sardine Canyon. In times when the road is clear, it's really pretty. When it's snowy and icy and cold, it can be treacherous. Please send some good driving vibes to my sweetheart that he will get home safely.

~~~

T and I are getting ready to watch the Jazz play the Denver Nuggets tonight. I won't stick to my 10 PM bedtime rule tonight because it's Friday and I don't have to get up early tomorrow, so I can watch the whole game. Hopefully it will be a good match-up so I don't fall asleep on the couch!

One more quick basketball thought: I'm not all that surprised about the Lakers firing Coach Mike Brown today. It was pretty obvious watching the Lakers play the Jazz the other night that the Lakers just weren't running on all cylinders and Kobe just looked pissed the entire time. He was chewing on his shirt and basically acting like a big baby. My friend LA (a Kobe and Lakers fan) pointed out that Kobe also uses that part of his shirt to wipe his nose and face. Gross.






T used to chew his shirts like this when he was little. He would have a spit circle around the collars of his t-shirts and sometimes even little teeth marks on the shirts.

Back to the Lakers...I heard Dan Patrick mention on his radio show that former Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan may be a candidate for the Lakers coaching job. SAY IT AIN'T SO JERRY!!!  Just the thought of Sloan coaching the Lakers makes me want to cry. Do you even know how difficult it was for me to see Karl Malone in a Lakers' uniform? It broke my heart. Ugh. I'll be watching the situation.

Ok, it's time for Jazz basketball. Be safe, be good and be kind, friends!

No comments: