Thursday, December 20, 2012

#289 last day of work this year!

FINALLY!!!  2012 has been (pardon my language)  a BITCH  at work. I will be so glad to be done with 2012 and move into 2013. I don't expect the first, say, quarter of the new year to be much better, but hopefully we'll get by.

I say that because one of our very good employees - we'll call her S,  is leaving us to go to school full time (good for her!), so we were able to replace her with one of our other superstar employees, G,  who is ready to move up and take on a new challenge. That means we have to fill G's position. OK, that's one.

We unfortunately had to let an employee go - a terrible time to send someone down the road, but it had to be done - so we have to fill her position. That's two.

We recently decided that a department that had only one employee would be much more efficient and productive if we had two employees in it instead of just one. That's three.

Three new employees we have to find in the next couple of months. Do you know how hard it is to find a rock-star employee? I've been super-lucky in hiring our staff so the pressure is on to find some great people to join our team.

It's a good thing I have a week off to relax and recharge my batteries so I can come out swinging for the fences in 2013.

ENOUGH ABOUT WORK!!

We're heading to California to spend Christmas with my family. I'm excited to see them! I haven't seen Mom and Dad since late July, and after monthly trips in the first half of the year, I'm really missing them. Can't wait to give them a big hug and kiss!

Not only that, but it will be much, much warmer in Southern California than here in SLC. The forecast for Christmas day in LM: cloudy, 70 degrees. The forecast for SLC: partly sunny, high 30 degrees. I'll take 70, thank you very much.

All right, that's it for tonight. It's a quarter past eleven, so clearly the world hasn't ended since it's already Friday 12/21/12 in other parts of the world.

Good night all! Peace!

No comments: