Tuesday, December 4, 2012

#825 the love letter project day 2

I think the last time I wrote, I talked about doing the love letter project. I get to write one love letter a day for 12 days. The group that is sponsoring the project sends an email each day with the person's name and why that person needs a love letter. Basically, the person has had something bad or tragic happen to them and you need to let them know that there are still good things in the world and pass on kind words and thoughts. Yesterday was the first day, and you know what? It was kind of hard to write!

I haven't written today's letter yet. Today I found a pretty note card and I'm going to write on that. By hand. Last night I found some generic Christmas stationery on the computer and I used that. I think the card will be better because a) I'll write it by hand and I think that's pretty thoughtful as long as the handwriting can be deciphered and b) it limits the space I have to work with so I could write bigger or smaller, as I feel.

Is that wrong?

I was thinking that sending out any form of good, positive vibes in the world generates good karma, don't you think?

The hard part for me is that I am not very strong in empathy. It's hard for me to put myself in another's place and see things from their perspective sometimes. I think I'm getting better at it, but it's a struggle.

So wish me luck as I proceed to spread goodwill to others in this holiday season!

1 comment:

Kteach said...

good for you and Lizzie. I would like to do it too, but right now I have too many things on my plate myself :)