Saturday, January 5, 2013

#837 the best hour of the year

This afternoon I went over to the Spa Club for my monthly manicure and brow wax. That wasn't all - I also had a special hour-long facial with an hour-long foot reflexology treatment!

Let me just tell you about the special. First of all, I love to have a facial. It is so relaxing and my skin feels so clean and smooth and wonderful when it's done. So, Millie, the esthetician, is cleaning my face and doing a fantastic job and AT THE SAME TIME, Heather, the reflexologist, is rubbing my feet and pushing on all the right places to make them feel so good. It was a magical hour. I've never had reflexology before, and I was missing out.

If you can find a little time once in awhile to go to a spa and have a little pampering done, it makes everything seem all right with the world.

The manicure and brow wax are good, but that is just maintenance. Splurging on a little pampering is A-OK!

I know you are all very curious about how I'm feeling today, so I'll tell you. I do feel a little better than yesterday. I have a bladder infection. UGH. I hate to admit it because it makes me feel like a dirty person or something. Have you ever had one? It's very unpleasant and painful. I'm not in as much pain as Thursday night, but it still hurts when I press on my lower abdomen and it feels like I have to pee all the time, even though I really don't. I am on antibiotics now and I hope they will take care of the problem. The thing to be careful about with bladder infections is that it doesn't turn into a kidney infection. I haven't shown signs of a kidney infection (fever, lower back pain), so I think I'll be fine.

That's it for now. I think I'll go watch a little football and read. Later tonight we are meeting Kevin and Janet for dinner. They are on their way back to Arizona from Pocatello.

Have a good night!

No comments: