Thursday, January 31, 2013

#863 the January lists

Today is the last day of the first month of the year. In my personal journal at the end of every month, I like to write a quick re-cap of the highlights of the month. I'll do that here too:

  • T and I went to two Jazz games. We saw the Jazz play the Timberwolves and the Heat. Jazz won both games!
  • I got a haircut.
  • T went to the dentist. No cavities and he may not need braces. :)
  • T got straight A's on his report card for the second term in a row!
  • We went to Pocatello to celebrate my father-in-law's 80th birthday.
  • While in Pocatello, I got to spend some time with my BFF LA.
  • MT and T got a little ski time in with MT's brother and nephews (T's uncle and cousins.)
  • The weather was a little intense. I missed going to the office one day because of a big snowstorm, but I worked from home. The second day I missed was the ice day. We had an inversion for most of the month which brought extremely cold temperatures. We also had a lot of snow.
  • I wrote something on this blog every day.
  • I read five books! (That's a lot for me in a month.) Hey, have you checked out the 2013 Book page? There's a tab at the top of this screen. Click there for a few words about the books I'm reading and see what is in my reading pile.

I thought January was a pretty ok month. We did fun things and were happy. Work was good, too, and that always makes everything better.

LA and I like to have things to look forward to, so here is a quick list of things that are happening in February:

  • Superbowl watching is always fun! So is eating Superbowl snacks.
  • There are also the Grammy awards and the Oscars coming up in February. Both are must-see shows in our house.
  • I get to visit my parents, and hopefully see my sister, too.
  • I've never been a big fan of February, unless I am going on a great vacation, so I'm glad it's a short month.
  • Hopefully we'll be able to see one or two Jazz games in person. 
I'm fascinated with the Stats info for this blog, so I'm going to share the stats for Jan 2 - Jan 31.
The top five posts were:
  • #754 about Robert Downey Jr posted 9/3/12 (31 views)
  • #797 about the weekend posted 11/4/12 (18 views)
  • #820 today's the 27th posted 11/27/12 (17 views - and probably one of my lamest posts ever!)
  • #843 snow day posted 1/11/13 (16 views)
  • #858 food posted 1/26/13 (16 views)
Here's a list of the top ten countries that looked at the blog:
  • USA = 765  :D
  • Russia = 163 (who knew? Thanks Russia!)
  • United Kingdom = 65
  • Sweden = 26 (Hi Mia!)
  • Canada = 19
  • Germany = 13
  • France = 12
  • Greece = 12
  • South Korea = 12
  • Brazil = 9
Overall for the month, there were 1,275 views of the blog. I think that's cool! Thanks everyone!

I hope you all had a happy January and have some fun stuff to look forward to in February. 

2 comments:

Kteach said...

Good job!! :)

emtes said...

I always read and I actually think my son's do too :-)
I love your blog and read about your day-to-day shores and experiences (I might have said that before ;-))
Take care and as usual I send you big hugs.
Love you
Mia :-)