Friday, September 20, 2013

#1017 the hot apple phenomenon?

A few days ago I wrote a post about wanted hot apples (#1011). It was fairly short and unremarkable, but there have been over 350 views of the post since I wrote it about a week ago. (Most of my posts average seven to ten views each.) Surprising. Maybe everyone wants some hot apples.

I satisfied my urge for hot apples over the weekend. It was so simple and so effective at satisfying my craving. There were merely three ingredients: a can of apple pie filling, a package of crescent rolls and some powdered sugar. I spread open the crescents on a cookie sheet and spooned a bit of pie filling on the wide end of each triangle. I rolled them up, pinching the ends closed so no delicious apple yumminess could seep out. Bake for about eight to ten minutes until the crescent is golden brown.

While the apple-filled crescents baked, I combined a little milk with some powdered sugar and a bit of vanilla extract until it was thin and runny. When the crescents came out, I drizzled the sugary glaze over them, then when they were slightly cool, it was time to eat.

Super easy, done in a jiffy and pretty tasty. I think next time I might try it with puff pastry. MMM...doesn't that sound good?

Have a great weekend, friends!

No comments: