Thursday, November 7, 2013

#1041 Throwback Thursday - Disneyland



One of my most favorite visits to Disneyland was back in November 2008. T and I went and met up with Lizzie, Jeff and Dakota. Lizzie and Jeff went their way - they've been to Disneyland so many times that they wanted to do their own thing and take it easy. Dakota, Jeff's daughter, came with us. I remember that she was texting most of the day. T was 10 and not to the texting phase of tweenhood yet, so he was pretty fun to hang out with.

If I remember right, the lines weren't terribly long that day. Disneyland had just set up their Christmas stuff and it was beautiful there. We rode everything we wanted, including the flying Dumbos. It was the first time I had ever been on that ride, if you can believe that.

We actually watched the light show that night. I don't remember what it was called, but it was spectacular. The show took place around the lake at Tom Sawyer Island. The lasers created images of Disney characters and there was water involved and at the end, it snowed. It was just awesome and we had a great time.

As we were leaving the park for the night, I spotted Mickey Mouse near the square at the front entrance on Main Street. T thinks that Lizzie took the pictures, but I think it was a Disney person or a random individual. We have about three pics, but this is my favorite. Having my pic taken with Mickey was the perfect end to a really fun day at The Happiest Place on Earth.

I'm ready to spend a day at Disneyland!

No comments: